(While you're at it, you can take a look at my list from 2006; I had a record of what I read so I decided to post it too.)
History/Biography
The History of England (Jane Austen)
Who Gets the Drumstick? (Helen Beardsley)
Angel in the Whirlwind (Benson Bobrick) Costume in Detail, read in part (Nancy Bradfield)
The Last Jew of Rotterdam (Ernest Casutto)
Stories of the Old Dominion (John Esten Cooke)
Flee the Captor (Herbert Ford)
Albert Schweitzer: Genius in the Jungle (Joseph Gollomb)
A Narrative of a Revolutionary Soldier (Joseph Plumb Martin)
*Yankee Doodle Boy (Joseph Plumb Martin)
*1776 (David McCullough)
*Amazing Grace: William Wilburforce and the Heroic Campaign to End Slavery (Eric Metaxas)
Whatever shall I wear? A guide to assembling a Woman's Basic 18th C. Wardrobe (Mara Riley)
Maria (Maria von Trapp)
Christianity
Psalms: the prayer book of the Bible (Dietrich Bonhoeffer)
Voices in the Night (Dietrich Bonhoeffer)
The Sacred Romance (Brent Curtis and John Eldridge)
A Slow and Certain Light: Thoughts on the Guidance of God (E. Elliot)
Loving God with All Your Mind (Elizabeth George)
*The Weight of Glory (C. S. Lewis)
The World's Last Night (and other essays) (C. S. Lewis)
Set-Apart Femininity: God's Sacred Intent for Every Young Woman (Leslie Ludy)
Suffering and the Sovereignty of God (John Piper)
Dietrich Bonhoeffer's Christmas Sermons (Edwin H. Robertson)
How Should We Then Live? (Francis Schaeffer)
The Tender Words of God (Ann Spangler)
The Pursuit of God (A. W. Tozer)
Equipped to Love: Idolatry-Free Relationships (Norm Wakefield)
Having a Mary Heart in a Martha World (Joanna Weaver)
Fiction
Safely Home (Randy Alcorn)
Bleak House (Charles Dickens)
The Hound of the Baskervilles (Sir Arthur Conan Doyle)
Murder in the Cathedral (T. S. Eliot)
Murder in the Cathedral (T. S. Eliot)
To Have and To Hold (Mary Johnston)
Out of the Silent Planet (C. S. Lewis)
The Peasant Girl's Dream (George MacDonald)
Rob Roy (Sir Walter Scott)
The Lady of the Lake (Sir Walter Scott)
Ishmael (E. D. E. N. Southworth)
Self-Raised (E. D. E. N. Southworth)
The Ultimate Gift (Jim Stovall)
Dawn's Early Light (Elswyth Thane)
The Code of the Woosters (P. G. Wodehouse)
Children's/YA Fiction
Guns of the Lion (Douglas Bond)
Guns of Thunder (Douglas Bond)
Hostage Lands (Douglas Bond)
Flight into Spring (Bianca Bradbury)
*Madeleine Takes Command (Ethel C. Brill)
Wings of Dawn (Sigmund Brouwer)
*The Shadow of the Bear (Regina Doman)
Black as Night (Regina Doman)
Waking Rose (Regina Doman)
The Midnight Dancers (Regina Doman)
The Red Keep: A Story of Burgundy in 1165 (Allen French)
Sir Aylmer's Heir (Evelyn Everett Green)
Princess Academy (Shannon Hale)
*The Foundling (Linda Hayner)
I Am David (Anne Holm)
*Viking Quest series:
*Raiders from the Sea (Lois Walfrid Johnson) 199 p.
*Mystery of the Silver Coins (Lois Walfrid Johnson) 193 p.
*The Invisible Friend (Lois Walfrid Johnson) 217 p.
*Heart of Courage (Lois Walfrid Johnson) 231 p.
*The Raider’s Promise (Lois Walfrid Johnson) 294 p.
*Raiders from the Sea (Lois Walfrid Johnson) 199 p.
*Mystery of the Silver Coins (Lois Walfrid Johnson) 193 p.
*The Invisible Friend (Lois Walfrid Johnson) 217 p.
*Heart of Courage (Lois Walfrid Johnson) 231 p.
*The Raider’s Promise (Lois Walfrid Johnson) 294 p.
The Ordinary Princess (M. M. Kaye)
*Carry On, Mr. Bowditch (Jean Lee Latham)
**The Shadows (George MacDonald)
**The Light Princess (George MacDonald)
Red Falcons of Tremoine (Hendry Peart)
*Winter Holiday (Arthur Ransome)
Secret Agents Four (Donald J. Sobol)
*Rainbow Garden (Patricia St. John)
The Lantern Bearers (Rosemary Sutcliff)
All-of-a-Kind Family Downtown (Sydney Taylor)
All-of-a-Kind Family Uptown (Sydney Taylor)
The Lark in the Morn (Elfrida Vipont)
The Lark on the Wing (Elfrida Vipont)
The Shadow Children series:
Among the Hidden (Margaret Peterson Haddix)
Among the Imposters (Margaret Peterson Haddix)
Among the Betrayed (Margaret Peterson Haddix)
Among the Barons (Margaret Peterson Haddix)
Among the Brave (Margaret Peterson Haddix)
Among the Enemy (Margaret Peterson Haddix)
Among the Free (Margaret Peterson Haddix)
Total History/Biography: 16
Total Christianity: 16
Total Non-Fiction: 32
Total Fiction: 14
Total Children's/YA Fiction: 40
Total all fiction: 54
Total number of books read in 2009: 86
*denotes a re-read
**read aloud (by someone other than me)
And the usual disclaimer...the fact that I've read a book doesn't necessarily mean that I'd recommend it. :)
5 comments:
I like your list. =) There are several on here, that I'm going to have to write down, and look into. Someday we need to "talk books," Rachel. =)
Simply amazing, sis!
This, along with past years' lists, makes for a good resource to have on hand while visiting the library or splurging on Amazon. ;)
Well... you've obviously beat me! But then there never was any question about that. I think I'll look up a few more of those titles.
Wow Rachel! That's an amazing list! I thought I was doing good with 35 books this year...you're amazing!:D
After several days of work, I finally made it through the post. Can you post something more so I can keep up with my reading objectives for the year?
Post a Comment