I'm going through my piano performance folder, putting together a repertoire list for a teacher I'll be playing for on Friday. I just found a piece that I barely remember playing--one of the Kabalevsky preludes (#6). Can't even remember how it goes; I'm going to find a recording of it on Rhapsody to refresh my memory. Wow...
...Just listened to abovementioned piece. NOW I remember it, and it wasn't one of my favorites. :D It's funny the memories that come back just with one listen...sitting in my teacher's studio working out phrasing or balance or something (probably both, knowing me), practicing those crazy jumps and equally crazy chords at home. Fun stuff...
I'm making another British officer's coat, this time for a Major of the Coldstream Guards. It's kind of a crazy undertaking--it has so much gold lacing it's almost ridiculous. (I ordered 18 yards of lacing, and I don't think I'll have all that much left over.) Can't wait to see what it'll look like finished.
In September Michael, David and I went to the Taste of Ellerslie conference up at Eric and Leslie Ludy's leadership training school. It wasn't something I originally wanted to attend, but God kindly maneuvered me into it (though an interesting set of circumstances including cancellations on the part of others, financial provision, and a friend who showed great initiative...thanks sis!). It was wonderful--encouraging and challenging teaching from the Word of God and a great focus on the Gospel of Jesus Christ. I highly recommend it (there's another one in April!). Anyway, the last night of the conference was a worship/response time and we sang this song. It has really stuck with me; anyone else want to memorize it?
Before the throne of God above
I have a strong and perfect plea.
A great high Priest whose Name is Love
Who ever lives and pleads for me.
My name is graven on His hands,
My name is written on His heart.
I know that while in Heaven He stands
No tongue can bid me thence depart.
When Satan tempts me to despair
And tells me of the guilt within,
Upward I look and see Him there
Who made an end of all my sin.
Because the sinless Savior died
My sinful soul is counted free.
For God the just is satisfied
To look on Him and pardon me.
Behold Him there the risen Lamb,
My perfect spotless righteousness,
The great unchangeable I AM,
The King of glory and of grace,
One in Himself I cannot die.
My soul is purchased by His blood,
My life is hid with Christ on high,
With Christ my Savior and my God!
Charitie L. Bancroft, 1863
3 comments:
What a happy post. =) I could comment on everything, but if I were to choose one, it would be the song you shared. The other night the Steve Pettit Evangelistic Team sang it at our church, and while it wasn't a new song to me, I paid more attention to the lyrics than usual. What *powerful* words! The words: "My name is graven on His hands, My name is written on His heart..." especially stood out to me. Real Love doesn't get much sweeter! ♥
This post brings back memories for me too... ♥ you sis!
Hi Rachel! I love that song too; we sang it in church today and it was the hymn at my graduation (probably to a different tune).
This "slice of life" post is a great prelude to my bedtime routine.
I hope you're well and I look forward to seeing you... maybe @ KL's wedding?
Love, Lisa
Post a Comment