Thursday, October 28, 2010

Shopping and Licorice

I had to run to the post office this afternoon, and while I was out I ran to Sunflower Market, our local Good Prices On Produce store.  It's a fun place to shop--good sales every week and lots of things to look at.  I picked out my onion for tonight's soup, snooped around the rest of the produce noting prices (grapefruit is in--6 for $1!), and picked up a few other things, including cornmeal from the very fun bulk dry foods area.  

But that's not what I'm really here to write about.  On my way out I checked the sweets aisle, just to see if anything might be on sale.  Lo and behold, Panda licorice is on sale: 2 boxes for $4!  That's even better than ordering in bulk from Amazon.  :)  I thought the rest of you licorice lovers might want to know.  The sale should last through next Wednesday

We got that hard frost last night, and this morning I went out to salvage a few things and collect seeds from my flowers.  There's snow on the high mountains and over the past few days I've seen some on the lower mountains too.  The maple out front is dropping big golden leaves...

Well, I'm off.  Much to do tomorrow; in addition to practicing I have a large sewing job that needeth tackling. And we have a concert tomorrow night.  I'd best get moving towards bed...

Later,
Rachel

God has plans—not problems—for our lives.” 
Corrie Ten Boom

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Happy day! Licorice (and chocolate) always make things better. ;)

So after 3 straight days of sewing (1 more than planned) I get to practice. Have to. No options. And place that music order I've been putting off.

Thank you for the Corrie Ten Boom quote. It's very fitting from my current vantage point on today's problems.

Unknown said...

That quote reminds me of Jeremiah 29, "For I know the plans I have for you, says the Lord, plans to prosper you, and not to harm you..."- on the wall over the piano at my students house. Stared at it through three lessons this morning. Really needed that reminder. :) Thanks, sis!

Cheri said...

I recently read that Licorice is good for some health reasons, and while I've never had the Panda brand, I greatly dislike other "junk food" brands. Would it be work giving it a try? We get it in at Esh's every now and then for $1 a box.

Today at the store we got in a bunch of good chocolate brands. I thought of you. =)