The CYS concert on Sunday was a lot of fun, even if it was tiring. We're repeating the program this Sunday, and I'm looking forward to doing it again. Besides, we get to play in a neat hall...
This evening we had our first drama practice. It's going to be a ton of fun. You'll have to come to Living History Day and check it out.
And, in closing, a quick book review:
Shopping for Time: How to do it all and not be overwhelmed
by Carolyn Mahaney, Nicole Mahaney Whitacre, Kristin Chesemore, and Janelle Bradshaw
A fun little book (under 100 pages!) on time management for Christian women. Written by Carolyn Mahaney and her three daughters, it's an easy-to-read approach to "doing it all and not being overwhelmed", as the title indicates. Actually, it's about doing what God has for us: "We can actually do all that God has called us to do...and we can do it in a peaceful, joyful manner and get sufficient rest beside." The authors use shopping as an example--most women will carefully shop sales in order to save money, but aren't nearly so careful about how they make use of time. Several good "shopping" tips are mentioned--spending time with God, rising early (the 5 AM club!), and a lot about prioritizing both events and relationships. I found it helpful.
3 comments:
Enjoy your weekend, sis!
That book sounds like a must-read for me...;)
Ooo...have a lovely weekend in the mountains! Sounds fabulous!
I'm thinking I really ought to read that book.:)
Have fun on your trip!
Post a Comment