Sitting here before a BReflect singing practice...listening to the Amazing Grace soundtrack, (supposed to be) getting ready for a growth lesson I'm teaching at Good News Club tomorrow, chatting with a friend about music, and catching up here. We had a concert last night. It was...exciting. We're doing it again Sunday. ;)
My violin came down with an intermittent buzz a couple of days ago. Nothing I was doing (moving the bridge, knocking and tightening various things) made much of a difference for long, and we had that concert on Sunday. I just don't like playing a violin that sounds like it has a cold; I didn't have time to get it in to a shop, even if I did want to spend the money that a tune-up costs, and I was frustrated. Saturday as I was practicing I did everything I knew to help the sound of me poor violin...shifted the bridge again, humidified my case, put it away, and prayed that God would please heal the buzz. Honestly, I didn't have much faith; I anticipated playing the concert with an annoying random bumblebee stuck somewhere in the tailpiece region of my instrument. Well, on Sunday afternoon I pulled out my violin to warm up before heading down to the church where we play. A few scales--and no buzz. Even through the intense forceful parts of the Elgar Introduction and Allegro, no odd noises at all. I was a very blessed girl. Thank You Lord. :)
The weather is warming up, and I'm starting to think about gardening. I should find the time to get out there and clean up and cut back some things. I want to get some of the cool-weather crops in early this year. Today I went out to the hammock and wrote in my journal about many and varied things. It was good to be out in the sun. The blue flax is beginning to send out little sprouts...
Well, the boys are here so I have to run.
Later!
Rachel ;)
2 comments:
A buzzing noise near the tailpiece? Perhaps it was a fine tuner that was to loose, or maybe it was the small plastic tube that some E-strings come with to place on top of the bridge (to prevent cutting away at the bridge because of the string's thin-ness and tightness)? Usually if mine is buzzing in that region, it's one or both of those that would contribute to the disturbing noise.
But I'm glad to hear that it's back to it's lovely sound again. Having a violin sounding normal is literally music to to a violinist's ear! I speak from experience. ;)
Don't you love seeing that God cares about those "little" things enough to say "yes" to our nearly faithless requests? :)
Daffodils, tulips, crocus, and hyacinth are all poking up around here. I love spring's anticipation. But I have some cleaning up to do too.
Post a Comment