Monday, November 9, 2009

Recital pictures!

The coat is finished! I'm staying up way too late posting these pictures now... :) Sarah kindly consented to come down to the recital hall early with us and take pictures. Here are some of my favorites; enjoy!


We're finally here!


Philosophizing


And just having fun

While Sarah took some portraits of me...

Anna tried to get warm. It was a little chilly to be wearing short sleeves. :)

We moved inside...

We got a little tired of each other.
(This was posed--don't worry. :)

We moved into the hall to warm up on those wonderful grand pianos. (Random insertion: one of the best ways to deal with a the-week-before-the-recital case of stress is to practice by yourself, in the hall, one one of these pianos, for a couple of hours...it works wonders.)

Sarah thinks this is an awful picture,
but I like how it shows both of us and both pianos. :)

We only have a couple of pictures of the actual recital.
Yes, these are different outfits. :) We wore the sparkly red/white set for the first half and switched to our more quiet and typical cream/pink tops for the second.

Afterwards...


6 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like you and Anna had too much fun with this recital! The pictures are great!! Good job Sarah! And I love your shirt sis....the pink one. Did you make it? Your portrait is just beautiful! :)

Cheri said...

You probably didn't know...

...that you both look so, so lovely

...that it looks like you were both "in your element"

...that Sarah did a fabulous job of capturing the day

...and that seeing these pictures makes me miss you, Rachel. I seriously came close to calling you on Sunday, but I was barely home between lunch and choir practice, and ran out of time.

Unknown said...

Oh you both look beautiful!!!! :) I bet it was a fantastic performance...

Rachel said...

Thank you all...

Sis, I did make the pink shirt. I found the fabric for a dollar a pound (seriously) at the big fabric store here. :) I'm happy with how it turned out too.

Thanks Cheri...you can call anytime if you want. :) Hope you're doing well!

Unknown said...

Wonderful pictures. I really loved studying them. Special thanks to the photographer. Too bad pictures can't capture sound as well. You both look so happy; I'm very glad you were able to present a recital together and only sorry I couldn't be there to hear it.

Your dusty pink top turned out beautifully, Rachel... especially for the price of the fabric! What fun.

Doorkeepers said...

Happy pretty people, you. :)

I love these pictures. I'm sure the recital was prodigious!

When is your Good News Orchestra program? I should be able to come!

~Lisa