Friday, October 16, 2009

Yep, I'm still here...

I just haven't been blogging, as you probably noticed. (Shannon kindly reminded me this morning that it's been a month since my last post :). I think about it occasionally, honestly. :) So, to get back into it, I think I'll just write some rambles...

All the zucchini from my garden is almost gone (except for what I froze). :) I'll probably wait a few more weeks before I start processing the pumpkins--we kind of like to use them as decorations first.

It froze hard and snowed about a week ago. Now it's nice and warm out, though--really beautiful.

Our first CYS concert was last Sunday. We played Quiet City by Copland, the string quartet in a minor (#13) by Schubert, Elgar's string serenade, and Suk's string serenade. Very nice music, though I didn't feel quite put together for the concert as far as preparation goes. We get to do most of it again in a month, so I get a second chance. :)

I'm getting ready for a piano recital with a friend (two weeks to go!). Lots of practice needs to happen...soon. It's going to be great fun though.

Still have a number of sewing projects that need to happen...

I was messing around with a different template for my blog. Not sure if I like it yet or not. It feels kinda backwards. :) What do you think?

Hmmm...what else? I've taken to buying licorice recently. The cheap stuff from Walmart isn't much good at all. The Aussie stuff they carry (in a black/red bag) is pretty good. Sunflower Market has some that's decent, it's just rather tough. I microwave it briefly before eating to soften it up some. You just can't microwave it for too long. :) The Panda licorice that Vitamin Cottage carries is about the best--I think it's also the most expensive, though. Lots of molassas and licorice flavor...good stuff.

So...there you have it. Life moves on--music, teaching, sewing, other things here and there. It's good. :)

Till later!

Rachel :)

4 comments:

Cheri said...

Yay! I was wondering when you were going to blog again. =)

And as to your template: It looks nice, although it feels backwards to me too. Give it time though, to see if you still like it.

Sarah said...

Doesn't feel backwards to me.

sm

Unknown said...

Thanks for the update. I kind of thought that's what was going on, but it's nice to know. :)

Well... everyone used to use that kind of template. Since I read left to right, it seemed normal. When everyone started switching, the switch seemed backwards. Now I'm used to the switch, but it doesn't bother me that you switched back. I'm sure I'll get used to that too.

Doorkeepers said...

I'm glad to hear from you. :)
I like the new look for your blog, but I bet that you might think of something that you like even more.

You are loved and it brightens my day to hear your news!
God bless,
Lisa
P.S. I agree on Panda Bar licorice. It's the best.