Sunday, September 6, 2009

A Walk in the Mountains


When I was visiting my friends in the mountains this summer I took a long morning walk. Here are some pictures of what I saw.

A stand of aspen in the morning sun


The road


Blue flax--the color is so intense up there.


Columbine


A nearby valley, horses, and ranch


The ranch

Another road and yellow flowers


Columbine growing on an embankment by the road


A barn

Old building with washtubs...


I thought this was neat.


Later in the day--the valley near sunset. It was so green up there. Beautiful.


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Everything looks so quiet and peaceful up there compared to city life! So simple...and beautiful. I'm glad you have this sort of "retreat" to escape to at times! :)

Unknown said...

I miss you too, sis. ;)

Unknown said...

Absolutely beautiful.

Cheri said...

Now I can see why you enjoy going up there as you do.