Fall is here; yesterday was downright chilly. I pulled out a courderoy skirt and 3/4 sleeved shirt, and still had to wear a hoodie (not my normal one, my thick winterish one). I like the fall and I'm glad to see cooler weather.
My garden is doing okay. I've been struck by powdery mildew, but it's so late in the season I don't think I'll do anything about it. My pumpkins are orange-ing nicely; I was afraid they might not because of the cooler weather this summer. Still getting zucchini... About a week ago I put in a late crop of lettuce and radishes. (I threw in some green onions as well, but they probably won't be ready till spring...if this even works.)
We have two more drama practices--one more regular one and then the dress--before Living History day. It's coming along really well! We just need to work on acting like we haven't heard/seen what's going to happen next approximately 37 times already. I particularly need to work on being completely oblivious to the fact that I'm going to get a face full of wet laundry in about 5 seconds... (You'll just have to come and see it...maybe I'll post some pictures afterwards. :D )
I've never liked using thimbles, but I begin to see why people did in the days when everything was hand-sewn. You'd get a permanent hole in your middle finger if you didn't. I'm going to have to try it (the thimble, that is) again, or find a smaller needle that doesn't require so much pressure to get through the fabric.
Did you know that the statue of King George III that was pulled down after news of the Declaration was given to the troops in NY in 1776 had just been erected 8 years earlier? It was in honor of the repealing of the Stamp Act. Thought that was fascinating.
And...I have a good set of quotes from Lewis but they merit a post of their own. Till later, then! Have a very good week!
Rachel :)
No comments:
Post a Comment