Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Well hello, readers of Rachel's blog! This is Sarah, bringing to you pictures from our vacation to Michigan. It was a fantastic trip... we had so much fun with our awesome family there! I think these pictures are in chronilogical order, so I'll stick some captions on there and we're good to go!



This is the Marine City Lighthouse. My Grandma lives in Marine City, which is the cutest nautical town you'll ever see.


A freighter on the St. Clair River, which separates the U.S. from Canada.


This is at our Uncle's pond... There was a good storm while we were there!


Ryan, my cousin Alec, and Michael watching others hit golf balls over the pond. I thought the lighting was kind of cool on this one.

:) These places are getting popular in Michigan!

A beautiful day lily in the sunlight!

Some pretty daisies up north by the Mackinac Bridge.


The Bridge itself! Aren't the water colors cool?


A hotel on Mackinac Island.


This is the view out the door of the island library. Gorgeous, eh?


The Grand Hotel!


Our cousin David, who works on the island, took us on a tour around the island and here we all are looking out on the water...


I LOVE that water!


And, I'll close with a picture of the moon shining on the lake. And I think Michael took this picture (but it was with my camera so I have the rights to post it!)

Be looking for another post! It'll be shorter, and more entertaining. ;)

Cheers!
Sarah

"O LORD, our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth! who hast set thy glory above the heavens.

Out of the mouth of babes and sucklings hast thou ordained strength because of thine enemies, that thou mightest still the enemy and the avenger.

When I consider thy heavens, the work of thy fingers, the moon and the stars, which thou hast ordained; What is man, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him?

For thou hast made him a little lower than the angels, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.

Thou madest him to have dominion over the works of thy hands; thou hast put all things under his feet: All sheep and oxen, yea, and the beasts of the field; The fowl of the air, and the fish of the sea, and whatsoever passeth through the paths of the seas.

O LORD our Lord, how excellent is thy name in all the earth!"

Psalm 8


Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Michael said...

If I take the picture, I own the copyright... :P

Unknown said...

Wonderful pictures. You make me wish we still lived in Michigan. You captured the vivid Great Lakes colors really well.

Unknown said...

I'm glad you all had such a beautiful time in Michigan! (And I heard about your little lay-over in Nebraska...I was sad to have missed seeing you all!)