Friday, June 5, 2009

Books and such

Umm....wow. Here I am thinking that I just posted yesterday and I find that it was three days ago. :)

I should be practicing violin, for I have a lesson with Basil, our CYS director, on Monday. (I'm excited about that, by the way.) But I'm having too much fun entering my new books into Goodreads and writing a few more reviews while I'm at it (and blogging and checking e-mail on the side).

Yes, today was the day of the bi-annual book sale. I spent a lot of money, but I got a lot of books. It's a happy thing. :) Some kind person donated a large amount of music to the library and I came home with books and books of it, primarily Schirmer editions of Schumann. There's a nice spiral-bound volume of Hanon and some Brahms, Grieg, Bach, Granados, Resphigi, Mozart etc. in there too. I shall have to sit me down at the piano one of these days (aside from my regular practice, you know, which is sometimes less regular than it should be!) and read through it.

On the book side of things, I found a copy of Honk, the Moose (a delightful children's story) and many other books. Maybe I'll have to try blogging book reviews through Goodreads. :)

3 comments:

Cheri said...

Should I just be honest and say that I'm envious? =)

Have a great lesson on Monday!

Unknown said...

Sounds like a happy day. What a wonderful set of new treasures!

Unknown said...

That certainly helps toward a cozy home with "shelves and shelves of books, all over the place!". ;) Happy reading, Sis!