I would like to do nothing but what I was intended to do. I am sure this is what God intends. How shall I know what that is except in quietness? How listen if I am full of talk? I must cease the rehearsal of personal wants and feelings, willingly release things that seem important but in fact have nothing to do with my true goal. The itch to know and to have and to be anything other than what God intends me to know, to have, and to be must go.
Elisabeth Elliot, from A Path Through Suffering (which is a very good book--highly recommended)
2 comments:
That is *such* a good quote! Thankyou for posting that. It reminded me of the quote that I read this morning on a flip-chart of Mom's that says, "Not until we make pursing God our highest priority and goal in life will we begin to fulfill the purpose for which He created us."
This is so very true!
Thank you for sharing it.
Post a Comment