The recital is over. It went well, but I am really glad it's over--those things are a lot of work! I hope to post pictures sometime (as part of my improved posting habits).
As for the hymn, I've picked Guide Me, O Thou Great Jehovah. I have liked it for some time now, and not just because it's Welsh. Here is the Cyber Hymnal link. As for future hymns, I now declare myself open to suggestions. Do you have any hymns that you'd like to memorize? Leave a comment with your suggestions and I shall consider them. Thank you; have a good week!
Guide me, O Thou great Jehovah,
Pilgrim through this barren land.
I am weak, but Thou art mighty;
Hold me with Thy powerful hand.
Bread of Heaven, Bread of Heaven,
Feed me till I want no more;
Feed me till I want no more.
Open now the crystal fountain,
Whence the healing stream doth flow;
Let the fire and cloudy pillar
Lead me all my journey through.
Strong Deliverer, strong Deliverer,
Be Thou still my Strength and Shield;
Be Thou still my Strength and Shield.
When I tread the verge of Jordan,
Bid my anxious fears subside;
Death of deaths, and hell’s destruction,
Land me safe on Canaan’s side.
Songs of praises, songs of praises,
I will ever give to Thee;
I will ever give to Thee.
1 comment:
It's good to hear from you again. :) By way of suggestion, Here's a hymn that's been on my list for quite some time, but I've not actually gotten anywhere on it: "If Thou But Suffer God to Guide Thee." It's one of Catherine Winkworth's translations. Someone has updated it a bit to "If You Will Only Let God Guide You," but we have the original English version in our hymnal. I think it's beautiful. You can look at it on Cyberhymnal. Thanks for being so consistant with posting hymns for memory. It's always fun to see what you choose next, and I'm glad to have the extra push to work on them.
Post a Comment