Saturday, November 17, 2007

Pictures from my trip, part II

After our time at the Creation Museum, we missed a turn and spent about 40 minutes of getting closely acquainted with the streets of Cincinnati. A too-small city map, 3 girls who really didn't know the area, streets that change names at random, and one girl who generally goes by "this way" and "that way" rather than right and left and another who usually drives by landmarks rather than street names made for an interesting and highly stressful time. Needless to say, we were quite relieved when we finally got our bearings and made it to our friends' home with no further mishaps. It was good to catch up with them, and we gratefully took them up on their offer of a ride to the concert.

'Twas a wonderful evening! The hall, built in 1878, is absolutely beautiful. The program included the Chorale Variations and Symphony of Psalms by Stravinsky and Beethoven's Erioca symphony (#3 in Eb). Stravinsky isn't a favorite of mine, but I found it these particular pieces engaging. The Beethoven was good, of course.

I was able to get a few pictures of the interior of the hall before the concert started. Here's the second level of the lobby.

This is a stairway. :)

Inside the hall. You can see the box seats--the ones for the really rich people. I've read about them in a number of old books but had never seen things like it.Some of the intricate decoration off the sides of the stage.

The beautiful chandelier and decor on the ceiling of the hall.
Tired but happy: Emily, Shannon and I.

2 comments:

Cheri said...

::gasp:: What a gorgeous hall!! And here I was amazed the other night, after never being in one before...

The way you did your hair is so cute!

Leah Christine Imagery said...

Woa, what a beautiful building..