The evening before a Colonial Living History event towards which I had put much time and effort, I came across this quote. I had to smile. :)
“There were very few idle moments for the children or adults of 200 years ago, and the amount of leisure time we consider necessary would be unthinkable to them. What they would think of our spending this veritable wealth of free time trying to re-live their existence, I don’t know. I’m afraid I can guess, though.”--Joseph Ruckman, Recreating the American Longhunter: 1740-1790
5 comments:
You know,WHO CARES HOW MUCH TIME THEY HAD, WE HAVE TONS!!!!!!!
AND, with technology making more ways to shop, etc., soon we will have MORE FREE TIME THAN EVER!!!!!! YIPPEE!
Who are you?
I like that. :)
Being somewhat bored then, and dimly aware that to be bored was to be out of harmony with something or other, Helen was on the verge of thinking, but, as I have said, escaped the snare in a very direct and simple fashion: she went fast asleep...
Oh, and "Rachel", why in the world would I tell YOU
Post a Comment