Got up between 6:30 and 7:00. Had my devotions in front of the fire, with a cup of tea. Read from John today; I'm getting towards the end of a chronological reading plan.
Walked two miles in light intermittent snow. Family devotions when I got home. Showered.
Talked to my redcoat client about his coat and the lacing and deadlines thereof. Made a smoothie (canned pineapple, orange juice, frozen blueberries and strawberries) for breakfast. Ate a spoonful of peanut butter for my protein and did the breakfast dishes. Soaked the kitchen rags in a strong bleach solution to improve their aroma. Made a pot of Yorkshire tea.
10:15 Taught for two hours. These students are fairly serious piano students, working on real music...Chopin, Bach, Beethoven. Oh. I just realized that both sisters are working on music by the exact same composers. I don't have favorites or anything... :D
Lunch (leftover chili for me). Lunch dishes. Piano practice; warm up, touch up Chopin, work on the first movement of the Bruch concerto (I have an accompanying job this weekend).
Computer work, mostly consisting of research on period-correct Colonial Christmas music and compiling a list for our group to play for our Christmas party. We have a lot of music already, but I just had to see about getting us some Christmas stuff. There are some lovely possibilities. Have you heard the Wexford Carol? I also did more work on pulling together the Sonshine Girls Christmas programs.
Went with Michael to his cello lesson. Read Waverley in the car; it's really starting to get exciting (it should, after 400+ pages). Played the 3rd movement of Chopin for him, and sewed button lacings for aforementioned coat in my spare time. Read more Waverley on the way back.
Dinner (leftover Chipotle burrito, spaghetti). More computer work. Two hours of Bold Reflection practice, consisting mostly of running through and working on various Christmas carols. Other assorted things relating to the projects of the day, mostly.
There were other things here and there, like finishing The Horse and His Boy and finding a box of licorice that had been missing. (How do you lose a box of licorice? Ask my sisters. :) Overall a good day, even if I didn't touch most of my sewing work...maybe tomorrow night.
And now it's late. Must go get my tea and head to bed; goodnight to you!
"There may be many Christians, most like unto young sailors, who think the shore and the whole land doth move, when the ship and they themselves are moved; just so, not a few do imagine that God moveth, and saileth, and changeth places, because their giddy souls are under sail, and subject to alteration, to ebbing and flowing, but the foundations of the Lord abideth sure." --Samuel Rutherford, The Loveliness of Christ
No comments:
Post a Comment