David's singing group, Bold Reflection, had a practice tonight. I accompany for them. Sometimes when things are busy and I'm tired, I wish that there weren't so many things going on. But I've learned that often when a season is over and I don't have to do something anymore, I start to miss it--even things like crammed-in rehearsals, crazy drama practices, whatever it might be. Sometimes I miss it a lot, and I wish I had those times back again.
So I'm trying to remember to enjoy what God has given me now. Words from friends remind me of what I would otherwise forget... "you are blessed to have to be able to work with music and people... so blessed." Funny happenings (this one was in rehearsal tonight) help me to remember:
"Rachel, I promise to be good"
"Are you sure you want to do that??"
"Umm...well..."
I do sometimes miss the things that I stressed over months or years ago, and you know what? Someday I'll probably want these days, this right-now set of circumstances, back too. But you can't enjoy today if you're always wishing for yesterday. I want to be able to remember, laugh about, and thank God for the past. I want to fully enjoy the present, and to remember that God has good things for the future and that good times don't die with the present--or the past.
So I'm thankful for rehearsals, even when I'm tired. I'm thankful for crazy guys who get in crazy moods and feed off of each other ("I'm not doing anything! It was him!"). I'm (mostly) thankful for the (ahem) discussions that come about when you have multiple EMTs and a paramedic in the same group...even if I do have to pull them back to reality every once in a while. :P I'm thankful for the sound of singing all around me, and for just being able to listen.
All right. Enough "deep thinking" for one night. :P Must get to bed. Till later...
Rachel :)
3 comments:
My deep thoughts exactly... ;)
I do like your new blog look!
I like your new blog design look! It is very refreshing, but as you said, quite pink. =)
Hmm, I liked your deep thoughts too. Very good reminders that I needed to be reminded of this morning. =)
I come back and everything's different... appearances anyway, not the content. :) It's a nice kind of different.
Thanks for sharing your deep thoughts. I'm too often guilty as well of not being grateful for what I have now. Coming back to the reality that God's gifts are good is always a blessing.
Post a Comment