Monday, February 1, 2010

Question for Piano Teachers

All right...I know of at least 3 piano teachers who read this blog and I'm in need of some advice. What are some of your favorite piano duets or duet collections for intermediate/early advanced students? I need some good ones for some of my students and one can only use "C. S. Theme and Variations" and "The All-American Hometown Band" so many times, as fun as they are. I thought I'd ask you all before I go searching all over the Internet. :)

2 comments:

Lesley said...

My favorite duet book is '44 Original Piano Duets: Haydn to Stravinsky' It's filled with all kinds of easy to intermediate level duets from various composers.

My siblings and I have fun playing these and I've enjoyed playing them with several of my students too.:)

Rachel said...

Thanks Lesley! I believe we already have that one, but I'll have to pull it out again and look over it. My brother and I did a number of those duets in our younger days. :)