Friday, November 27, 2009

My Thankful List

I didn't get this up yesterday, so I shall just extend the holiday... These aren't in any particular order, in case you were wondering. :)

~God's unchangeable love and faithfulness.

~Outdoors. Fresh air. Wide open spaces and mountains. Lakes. Frozen lakes. Clear blue sky. Cloudy misty days. Snow.

~My family. What a remarkable group of individuals. :) They make me laugh, help keep me sane (big job there), and give me a hand when I get myself in over my head. I love you all.

~Playing the piano. I love it.

~Chocolate and licorice.

~My friends--a large and varied group. I am so blessed in all of you.

~Books. I still love books. History books, good stories, books about walking with God. I'll never run out of things to read, and that's actually a comforting thought. :)

~Growing things. Flowers. My vegetable garden.

~Giving the October piano recital with my good friend. Getting to do that was a very special blessing.

~Tea, especially British tea.

~Musical opportunities that God opens up. I'm still loving CYS, and the latest excitement is getting to play harpsichord for a number of Baroque pieces on our next concert.

~Water. Wide spaces of water. Crashing waves, sandy beaches, wind, dunes. I love the Great Lakes.

~Good News Club. We're helping with another larger club this year, and I am so grateful for the chance to love and show Jesus to so many kids.

~The fact that what we see here on Earth is not the end of the story. The hope of Heaven that we have is such a tremendous comfort.


Thank you Lord.

2 comments:

amelodyofjoy said...

I have to agree with the tea, for sure. :)

Rebecca said...

So many blessings! I'm thankful to have you as a friend, Rachel, and enjoy popping by every once in a while to see what you have written!