This is my concert shirt. It's based off of Simplicity 4487; I added more buttons and used a cuff copied from a Christopher and Banks shirt I bought a couple of years ago. The fabric is something from the discount table at a very large local fabric store--it has a beautiful drape.

And this is the skirt I made for our family recital, from Simplicity 5914, view A. It's made in a raspberry (gooseberry, cranberry, bogberry--take your pick) shade of suiting from Joann's. I took in some of the fullness at the bottom because it was a little too much for me, and if I make it again I might take in even more, but overall the pattern worked really well.


Thanks to Sarah for the photography!
5 comments:
Thank you... I love seeing the projects I've heard about! They turned out beautifully. I like the sleeve shape on that pattern, and the cuffs are a lovely addition. (Thank you, Sarah, for taking the pictures.)
Oh my.
You are a knock-out, Rachel!
Gorgeous outfit by the way.
Oh my. Oh my, oh my. Oh my, oh my, oh my.
Me, of course
I know this is an older post, but I was curious if you've played/performed violin wearing this blouse and how confined or liberated you feel, particularly in the right arm? Did you use the standard sleeve, or did you add room?
Post a Comment