Pianist, as the song is beginning: "...And think about phrase shaping!"
Flutist: "Phrase shaping? I'm gonna shape mine like a square."
Cellist: "Yeah--go up, then across, then down, then backwards..."
This won't make any sense if you aren't a musician. It may not make sense if you are a musician, actually. :)
Michael says he is not the cellist.
6 comments:
Ha! =D I found it humerous -- partly because I know you guys (and can SO hear the voices behind the words) and am learning about phrase shaping, though my knowledge and ability to do it have been minimal so far.
How funny. The flutist's comment is something I might have heard here. ;)
Hmmm... I guess I must not be a cellist either.
True about flutes. And maybe all wind instruments.
"And we'll play loud here and here and here. Oh, and maybe there. Wait, I think we should just play loud the whole way! I mean, there's no reason the strings shouldn't have to wince every time we're playing and turn their heads discreetly so that the sound isn't quite as loud!"
Okay, I'm done being cruel. :P
Thanks, Abbey...
Sarah
:P
Hey, just doing my duty as a string player! And as a cellist, I should be writing down choice comments about violins...but! I'll restrain myself.
Duty as a string player. Wow... I always knew there was something fishy about you.
Sarah
Post a Comment