Wednesday, January 14, 2009

O Wondrous Love

On Saturday, a good friend of ours went suddenly to be with God. Mr. Langemann was an encouragement and example to many of us, both through his life and his family. He was a great pianist and I always enjoyed having the opportunity to listen to him play, though any attempts to improvise like him didn't seem to work terribly well. :) He had his own unique style. He loved his family and was so very excited about the addition of a daughter-in-law last year and and a new little grandchild, due next month. He memorized God's word and it was a great blessing to hear him quote passages of Scripture--he could really bring them to life. I thank God for Mr. L's life and testimony...join me in praying for his family.


O wondrous love that will not let me go,
I cling to You with all my strength and soul.
Yet if my hold should ever fail,
Your wondrous love will never let me go.

O wondrous love that's come to dwell in me!
Lord, who am I that I should come to know
Your tender voice, assuring me
Your wondrous love will never let me go.

O wondrous love that sings of Calvary,
The sweetest sound this sinner's ever known;
The song of Your redeeming Son,
Whose wondrous love will never let me go.

Chorus:
I'm resting in the everlasting arms,
In the ever-faithful heart, the Shepherd of my life,
You carry me on Your mighty wings of grace,
Keeping me until the day I look into Your eyes.

Steve and Vikki Cook
recorded by the Steve Pettit Evangelical Team



2 comments:

Christy said...

This is beautiful, Rachel! Thank you so much.

Steven said...

I really like the hymn.
Thanks for posting this.