Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Happy New Year!

Just a rambling note to say Hello and Happy New Year to you before I get back into my regular (ha!) posting. :) Actually, I'm writing this partially because I know I need to post but I'm not sure what exactly to post of all the things I've thought of. So, I'll give you a sort of update and save my book reviews, quotes and such for later.

Most of my teaching and so on starts again next week. It's been nice to have a break. :) CYS started last night; I'm playing 1st violin this time. Considerably harder (though I gather that the whole program is considerably harder) but it'll be a good challenge. The music we're doing is a ton of fun.

I'm going to try to be a lot more regular about practicing piano this year. My logic is that if I make myself practice piano first, then both piano and violin will get practiced becauase I HAVE to practice violin. If I only practiced piano when I'm done with violin, it very likely won't get practiced and I refuse to settle for that anymore.

I've been reading quite a bit over break. Some biography, some fiction, some children's historical fiction... It's about time for another big history book though--I woke up a week or two ago and decided that I need to read another something big and historical. (Rather an odd craving, I admit.) I have a couple of books on the Revolution that I need to read before our next Living History Day and I could always get started on the Winston Churchill WWII set... I'd like to find more on the Revolution, though. There are so many books to read out there--I was surprised at how few books I re-read this past year.

Not much else to report. I'm not feeling particularly wordy anyway. So I'll bid you farewell--enjoy your winter!

Rachel :)

Oh yes. I call you all to witness that I am only reading one book right now. That's liable to change very soon.

3 comments:

Michael said...

How about The Decline and Fall?

Cheri said...

Well at least whether you have one or 5 books going, you probably finish them right? =) I have such a horrible habit of starting books and then never finishing them. ::ahem:: Like I have at least a half a dozen books that have been read about 1/3 to 1/2 through and they've been that way for months... =)

Cheri said...

Oh, have you read Bleak House, by Charles Dickens yet? I just watched the movie of it, and really liked it. It's set in the era of Jane Eyre and North & South. I was going to check the book out today at the library when I was getting Wives & Daughters and North & South, but it wasn't there.