--The recital was last night. Lots of people came, it went quite well, and it was a lot of fun (once it was over!). I still think that it's a strange breed of temporary insanity that causes me to schedule these things (reality sets in about a week before the event), but oh well. It was good. Praise the Lord.
--Thanksgiving was last week; we had a lovely time with good friends. It's very fun to have the space to seat 21 people at one long, long table...
--The stomach flu paid me a visit last weekend. Something like that is a great incentive to give the upcoming recital to God. :) I'm so glad to be feeling better, and that nobody was sick on recital day. (With the flu present in three of the four participating families within the week, that was a particularly happy thing.)
--It snowed last week--big flakes drifting down from a grey sky. So very beautiful.
--I have a post of book reviews that I've been meaning to write for a long time now. It hasn't been urgent so it hasn't been done. I'll try to get to that this week. :)
--Since I missed my Sunday post, I shall give you the lyrics to the song we kids sang last night. Enjoy, and have a good week!!
When Love came down to earth
And made His home with men,
The hopeless found a hope,
The sinner found a friend.
Not to the powerful
But to the poor He came,
And humble, hungry hearts
Were satisfied again.
What joy, what peace has come to us!
What hope, what help, what love!
When every unclean thought,
And every sinful deed
Was scourged upon His back
And hammered through His feet.
The Innocent is cursed,
The guilty are released;
The punishment of God
On God has brought me peace.
Come lay your heavy load
Down at the Master's feet;
Your shame will be removed,
Your joy will be complete.
Come crucify your pride,
And enter as a child;
For those who bow down low
He'll lift up to His side.
Stuart Townend
6 comments:
Loved your post, Rachel. =) PTL that your recital went well! Wish I could have been there. And 21 people for Thanksgiving? What a blessing!
Insanity or not, I really enjoyed the recital. Thank you for putting it on. Hearing Robert play was a particular treat! It was a real blessing and encouragement to hear you all sing Love Came Down, especially the third verse.
I'm glad that your Thanksgiving celebration was a happy one, and that you're pleased with the recital. My studio recital is two weeks from last night... good thing I'm only doing one solo and including several sing-along carols! :) I would be insane if I attempted something of your caliber.
Does the cute bunny have a name?
I'm excited that I can finally post comments again! :) Glad your recital went well, Sis. Who ever heard of scheduling a recital in the *month of December*??? I question your sanity, Sis... I really do. ;)
Glad to hear from you Rachel! I hope that you can get some time to relax this month in the midst of your musical giving.
It was sooooo fun to see you last week! Thanks for a great time.
God bless! Love, Lisa
Ok, so she WAS going to post the bunny name. Last night. But...to anyone who can see this comment -
Her name is...
(drumroll)
Mocha Kalima!
Thank you Shannon for suggesting Mocha, and Luke for Kalima (Cream in Hawaiian - pronounced Kuh-Lee-Muh). :) Go ahead and post, Rachel.
Post a Comment