A friend sent me part of the lyrics to this song on Wednesday morning. It's based on Habakkuk 3: 17-18. Though our nation is not at the point of emptiness described here, it's still a beautiful reminder that God is always God.
Though the season yields no harvest, and the olive trees are bare;
though the earth is dry and thirsty and the future holds despair;
though the fig tree fails to blossom, and the rains refuse to fall,
I rejoice, Lord of the harvest, You are still the Lord of all.
Lord of all in times of plenty,
Lord of all in times of need,
Living Water, You sustain me,
Bread of Life, my soul you feed.
When the greatness of my trials leaves me weak and feeling small,
I rejoice, Lord of the harvest, You are still the Lord of all.
Though the killing frost comes early and the grapes die on the vine,
Though the barns contain no barley and the cellar holds no wine
And although the fields are empty and so too the cattle stall
I rejoice, Lord of the harvest, You are still the Lord of all.
You are Lord in times of comfort
And You are Lord when comforts cease
You are Lord in times of struggle;
And are Lord times of peace
Lord of every time and season;
Though the barns contain no barley and the cellar holds no wine
And although the fields are empty and so too the cattle stall
I rejoice, Lord of the harvest, You are still the Lord of all.
You are Lord in times of comfort
And You are Lord when comforts cease
You are Lord in times of struggle;
And are Lord times of peace
Lord of every time and season;
Lord of everything.
Lord of all in times of plenty,
Lord of all in times of need,
Living Water, You sustain me,
Bread of Life, my soul you feed.
When the greatness of my trials leaves me weak and feeling small,
I rejoice, Lord of the harvest, You are still the Lord of all.
"Still the Lord of All" by Pamela Martin and
Lloyd Larson--go here to here an MP3
"Though the fig tree should not blossom,
And there be no fruit on the vines,
Though the yield of the olive should fail,
And the fields produce no food,
Though the flock should be cut off from the fold,
And there be no cattle in the stalls,
Yet I will exult in the Lord,
I will rejoice in the God of my salvation."
Habakkuk 3: 17-18
Lord of all in times of need,
Living Water, You sustain me,
Bread of Life, my soul you feed.
When the greatness of my trials leaves me weak and feeling small,
I rejoice, Lord of the harvest, You are still the Lord of all.
"Still the Lord of All" by Pamela Martin and
Lloyd Larson--go here to here an MP3
"Though the fig tree should not blossom,
And there be no fruit on the vines,
Though the yield of the olive should fail,
And the fields produce no food,
Though the flock should be cut off from the fold,
And there be no cattle in the stalls,
Yet I will exult in the Lord,
I will rejoice in the God of my salvation."
Habakkuk 3: 17-18
No comments:
Post a Comment