Sunday, August 17, 2008

Troubled?

An antidote for too much thinking on politics and current events... :)


"There will be signs in sun and moon and stars,
and on the earth dismay among nations...
men fainting from fear and the expectation
of the things which are coming upon the world...
But when these things begin to take place,
straighten up and lift up your heads,
because your redemption is drawing near."

Luke 21:25-27


"In these turbulent times we repeatedly lose sight
of what really makes life worth living.
We think that, because this or that person is living,
it makes sense for us to live too.
But the truth is that if this earth
was good enough for the man Jesus Christ,
if such as man as Jesus lived,
then, and only then, has life a meaning for us.
If Jesus had not lived,
then our life would be meaningless,
in spite of all the other people
whom we know and honour and love."
Dietrich Bonhoeffer, from prison, August 1944


"Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you;
not as the world gives, do I give to you.
Let not your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful."
John 14:27

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks Rachel! These verses & quotes were good reminders... I especially appreciated Mr. B's insights. Jesus makes life "worth it" and not even a utopian government would change this truth.

Hope that you are doing well!
Love~ Lisa