Monday, January 14, 2008

Ice Hockey

On New Year's Day we traditionally go up to the mountains with some friends and have a good game of ice hockey. Thought you might enjoy some pictures. It was a lovely day--clear and cold, but not bitterly so. The wind was blowing snow off the peaks but wasn't strong enough to make life miserable...and believe me, it can be.


Ripples in the snow far out on the lake.
Proof that it was one of the warmer days: the Coat Tree.

The Hockey Game.

Not everyone played hockey. Here Amy experiments
with sliding on ice while Anna watches.An artistic shot of the goal.
Sunset.

Sunlight on ice...my pictures don't do it justice.

5 comments:

Leah Christine Imagery said...

That first picture is *so* beautiful with the wind blowing the snow around the peaks!! I've had the "bug" to go up to the mountains lately to go take pics. :D

Anonymous said...

Great pics! Hockey is the best...

Anonymous said...

I think I'd go with Anna and Amy! =)

Anonymous said...

Oh please - hockey is fun! Trust me. It is! Especially those games when you make a mistake and nobody knows it's you so you don't get blamed for the bad thing that happened...:)

Cheri said...

I love the first picture! I can almost feel the wind on my face. =)

Seeing these have made me miss going up to the mountains. It has been since October I think, since I've been up there.