Sunday, September 30, 2007

Colonial Living History Part I

Living History Day went very well! I'll be posting pictures periodically for those of you who couldn't join us. We opened the day with a drama set around the time of the First Continental Congress in September 1774.

John Dickinson, Patrick Henry, Richard Henry Lee and Thomas Jefferson discuss the state of affairs in a Williamsburg tavern:

John Dickinson addressed the First Continental Congress

On the Browning Family Farm a few weeks later.


In the town of Newberg, Virginia,
Rebecca pounds corn in a mortar and pestle.

Music, especially folk and traditional, is a favorite pastime.

The Virginia Militia prepares for battle.Meet Wuh-Yuh. (I don't know how to spell it.)
And if you forget his name, you can call him
Wampum or Our Indian Friend or Wumpa-Chugga.

Ryan the Longhunter
The Whole Group

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chugga Chugga WAMP WAMP!!!

Cheri said...

::kicks herself:: Oh, I wish I would have been up to going down that day. It looks like tons of fun and all the costumes are perfect!

BTW, you so look your part. =) Do you enjoy drama?

Leah Christine Imagery said...

Hehe, how fun! I love all your costumes!

Rachel said...

Cheri, this was actually my first time doing anything related to drama other than a few skits (mostly for kids). I did find it enjoyable. :)