The long heat spell finally broke. Last night I had to pull out my extra blanket.
Cool air out of doors, especially this evening...enough to make me get my fleece and think about hot tea.
Waiting for the library to open, I overheard people talking about the possibility of an early fall.
I walked into the fabric store and was greeted by a selection of autumn and winter fabrics--moleskins, corduroy, wool, tartans in the lovely autumn and winter colors.
Mom changed into a long-sleeved shirt before she and Dad went out. :)
I do know that it's not time for fall yet. Summer isn't over yet--the heat will return, our trip to Grandma's has yet to occur, my garden has much more to give. But fall IS coming. The seasons will change. A lesson for our lives, perhaps?
1 comment:
It must've been cooler down there, than up here, 'cause I had my windows open and my fan blowing last night!! :D *grins* (Though I admit, it WAS cooler than usual..) :)
Post a Comment